Posted by fashion "cents" on Sunday, August 30, 2009
The ruling attendant steams before the infinite disguise.
One of the biggest trends this season is having studs on just about everything—bags, dresses, jeans, jackets, accessories, and shoes. It’s a great add-on to any piece of clothing and is just as versatile as any ornament for fall. You can pull off this studded accent in different ways.
- Incorporate a rocker/biker look with matching leather and chains for a hardcore tough chick style.
- If you’re not up for that head-to-toe style but still want that edgy look, wear them in small doses like on cool gladiator sandals to give your outfit added oomph.
- If your style is feminine and girly but you’d love to try this accent, wear your flowy dresses and pastel ensembles with studded accessories like bags and shoes in very soft and simple designs.
Promo period is from August 14 to September 3, 2009
neutral shades like gray gained sophistication and versatility, its a jack of all shades because you can wear it with anything hue whether dressed down or glam it up.. this drapey dress can also be worn with ankle length colored tights just try the maroon, teal or lipstick pink
paired it with a cut - out heels
Posted by fashion "cents"
It is important to keep yourself hydrated and well moisturized inside out if you want to have lips to die for. Dry, scaly lips are usually the result of not enough hydration and can be best avoided by changing your diet to consume naturally hydrating foods. Eat lots of proteins and vitamins and green leafy vegetables and fruits to keep your stomach clean and healthy. Also, drink plenty of water all day. The result will show automatically on your body.
Augment this care with a good lip balm that you can carry with you everywhere you go and reapply it whenever you feel your lips are dry. Also use the lip balm at night to hold in the moisturizer so that you wake up in the morning with soft lips and not scaly, dry ones.
You can make your own lip moisturizer at home by mixing two tablespoons of coconut oil and almond oil and massaging it into your lips. Use this at night and wake to beautifully supple lips in the morning. Or take two teaspoon of Aloe Vera, mix two drops each of Chamomile and Geranium oil and blend them together. Keep the mixture an airtight container and use it as a lip balm. You can even blend eucalyptus oil with either Chamomile or Geranium oil to Aloe Vera, in same amount, to make different kind of lip balms.A simple do-it-yourself home treatment to remove old skin takes only a small scoop of Vaseline and an old toothbrush.
Step 1: Put some petroleum jelly with your lips.
Step 2: Use the old toothbrush to massage it in a circular motion.
Step 3: Wipe off the excess petroleum jelly with tissue paper.
The purpose of the toothbrush is to remove the old skin on the lips while the petroleum jelly leaves your lips very supple. Do it a couple times a every day until your lips are no longer dry.
Don’t Lick or Chew Your Lips
Each time you lick or chew your lips, compulsively or under stress, the saliva present in the mouth breaks down the cells and makes them drier. This can cause bleeding, infection and soreness. Avoid lickung or chewing your lips. Using a lip balm will make your lips feel hydrated enough so you don’t feel the urge for running your tongue over the lips at all.
Other great ways to get rid of flaky, dry lips are:
- Milk cream can be applied many times on the lips to remove the dry dead skin and to make them smooth
- Dry, flaky lips can also be rejuvenated with a liberal application of pure coconut oil on them
- Many people keep wetting their lips with their tongue, which makes the lips dark in color and loose the moisture. Stop wetting lips with tongue rather apply moisturizer
- Grind rose petals with cream and apply on lip to cure the severe and chronic chapped lip
- Apply olive oil on dry lips
- Applying glycerin on the lips with a little honey to it is considered an effective way
- Dry lips can be a sign of your body being dehydrated. Drink plenty of water
- Avoid too much exposure to the sun’s blazing rays. Whenever you go out in the sun wear sunscreen on your lips
- Applying castor oil on badly dried lips helps them to retain their smoothness
See A Doctor
Often a bad digestive system shows up as bad skin and flaky lips. So check with your doctor to rule out any possibilities of internal illnesses before you can take care of your skin and lips.Dry hands and feet are mostly caused by winter, summer weather, excessive bathing, low humidity, wind, air conditioning, heating, strong soaps. Dry skin is most common in lower legs, arms, flanks, and thighs.
Natural treatment For dry hands: Rub oatmeal on hand, wash and put hand cream or lotion.
Drink regularly a glass of warm milk mixed with 2 teaspoons of almond oil.
Blanch lemon grass and drink several times a day.
Blanch scented geranium leaves in boiling water, strain, cool and use as a face wash.
Apply avocado paste on the skin.
Apply baby oil on the dry skin
Rub coconut oil or avocado oil on the afflicted area.
Home remedy for dry skin: smear honey on your body and wash after 5 minutes.
Fill up a tub with milk and warm water and dip in.
Blend oatmeal, Vanilla extract and baking soda. Add to a tub with warm water and sit in for 30-60 minutes.
For dry cracked skin: Apply glycerine oil on dry hands and feet.
After shower, dry and put regular sesame oil on skin.
Make sure you drink enough water daily and take evening primrose oil, 2 caps of the strongest kind daily.
Posted by fashion "cents" on Monday, August 10, 2009
Keep your calm, girls! Here’s another chance for you to enjoy BPI’s Great Brands/ Big Brands sale. Start marking your calendars now, coz’ BPI is again holding another thumping great brands SALE from August 14 to August 16 at Megatent. (Gosh! My mind is already thinking about the buys.) So..see you there!
Go wild with brands like Giordano, Giordano Concepts and Ladies, Blue Star Exchange, Levi’s, Dockers, Sanuk, Golden Breed, Hi-Tec, Babbolat, Zoggs, Head, Swans, Oakley, Reef, Surfer Girl, Ideal Vision, Timex, Giordano Timewear, Chris Sports, Reebok, Puma, Vans, Lonsdale, Speedo. Enjoy your choice of fragrance from Burberry, Paul Smith, Salvatore Ferragamo, Davidoff, YSL, and many more!
1. acid wash: This 80's gray and acid wash looks elegant paired with sharply tailored jacket and pumps by Victoria Beckham. More celebs are wearing it right now.
2. distressed, ripped up, worn out, busted at the knees-the hard-livin’ look is the latest in haute dungarees.
make your own:
STEP 1: Bunch areas on old black jeans and pour a bit of Clorox on each. When you’re happy with the color, rinse out the bleach.
STEP 2: Sand the knees and the fronts of the thighs with heavy grit paper.
STEP 3: Slice the areas you want ripped and pick apart the fibers in the weave.
STEP 4: Machine wash and dry your version-twice. That distresses clothes even more.
3. polished look: glamorous, and makes legs more longer and leaner.
4. stitchless: Its seams are heat-welded closed, not sewn-and last just as long as those done with a needle and thread.
5. skinny: One common misconception when it comes to slender cuts: You have to have dimensions approximating a toothpick to look good in them. In fact, “skinny” refers to the leg opening, not to the body that should go in it. The rules for a perfect fit are universal. “You always want a pair that’s flat around the tummy, has the right amount of stretch, and just enough give at the knee-with no sagging,” says Victoria Beckham, creator of DVB Denim. Get inspired by Beyonce in a dark wash.
6. Rock N' Roll: there’s no shame in indulging your love of studs and faux leather. Swap out your Cheap Trick top for a simple sheer blouse like the one Leighton Meester wore with her Stella McCartney skinnies.
photo credits to ponds
Most women are a sure vain when it comes to their face and of course skin. Maybe this is the reason why Pond’s is giving us a month-long sale on their products! Yeah, that is month-long. Grab this opportunity to buy any ponds product with great discount!
Posted by fashion "cents" on Saturday, August 1, 2009
most of the malls have there mid year clearance sale so shopaholics get ready to shop till you drop...
sm sucat is having 3 day sale
July 31 - August 2
For those who love sandals or flip flops enjoy Flojos on their end of season sale from July 15 to August 15, 2009. Visit them at Trinoma, Robinsons Galleria, Market Market, SM Pampanga and SM Cebu.